Eight Bells

If you enjoy this blog please leave a comment, if there is something you would like to see feel free to make a request and don't forget to use the search function.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Birthday Tools

A microplane has been on my shopping list for a long time but I just hadn't got around to buying one. It was my birthday on the 3rd of December and look what I got, not one but three! Of course I had to try them out immediately and the difference it made to parmesan was incredible. Instead of a dense heavy mass of grated cheese I had a bowl full of feather like ribbons, a fluffy cloud of cheese. The taste was amazing due to the increased surface area of the grated cheese. The three microplanes have different guages for cheese, nutmeg, ginger, vegetables etc. They aren't cheap but are a fantastic addition to your kitchen tool range.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home